Does your organization verify a visitor's identity upon arrival? We've found that many organizations have difficulty integrating ID verification with the rest of their visitor sign-in process which creates a significant security gap. When these processes leverage a common technology, ID scanning flows seamlessly into the rest of the sign-in process and guests are effortlessly guided through the most secure visitor management protocols. This helps organizations keep their facilities, people and data safe with ease.
Traction Guest takes airport-grade ID scanning technology and pairs it with the iPad-based sign-in experience to create a two-pronged visitor management experience. The two components are:
- Assisted-Check-In (ACI) to give security personnel the tools necessary to quickly validate government ID and scan company watchlists before permitting visitors to enter the facilities.
- Self-Check-In (SCI) to allow organizations to build sign-in experiences that guide visitors through unique check-in processes, which can include signing documents or notifying a host.
Together, ACI and SCI walk each visitor through the sign-in process based on your organization's unique requirements. For instance, a visitor could verify their identification at the security gate, then sign an NDA and take a photo in the lobby.
Watch this 45-minute webinar to:
- Discover how airport-grade ID scanners enhance a secure visitor management process
- Explore how technology provides enhanced control and a wealth of valuable data
- Learn how to meet audit, compliance and security standards with new Assisted-Check-In module
- Create the ideal visitor and host experience combining ACI and SCI for a secure campus
- Review of challenges and risks organizations face
- Overview of an integrated approach to visitor management
- Introduction to airport-grade ID scanning technology and key benefits for visitor management
- Use cases visitor management approach
- Software demonstration for administrators
Chris Barone, VP of Sales at Traction Guest
Chris brings 18+ years of sales leadership experience, having built and managed high-performance sales teams at Icertis, Xerox and DocuSign. At Traction Guest, Chris leads the company’s fast-growing commercial sales division, outlining strategy and processes for organizations in need of an enterprise visitor management solution.
Cameron Wiebe, CTO at Traction Guest
Cameron's strong technical background as well as his creativity and thirst for innovation has guided the product vision from the beginning. As the architect of Traction Guest, he is constantly building new solutions that push the frontier of what visitor management can achieve in the realm of security.
James MacLean, Business Owner, Document Reader Solutions, Gemalto
Prior to Gemalto, James MacLean held various roles throughout his career with 3M’s Identity management business, including Global Product Manager and Product Development Manager. James also worked in system integration and software development at APG Solutions and Technologies, LGS Consulting and Canada Revenue Agency. James has co-invented three patents that contributed to the advancement of ID verification and authentication technology.